26 December 2005

frickin frackin store credit...

...four stores worth of returns later... my head is pounding... no i do NOT have a receipt for this... why do you need my name AND address... (my real name or address...?) you can't give me cash for the amount?

useless crap from a well-meaning coworker: $9.74. store credit card.
guidebook i never used because i got a better guidebook: $11.95. store credit card. (missed 14 day return policy. fuckers.)
gift from v.p. auntie mame: $25.00. store credit card to a store i never frequent.
gift from a well-meaning coworker: $25.00. store credit card to a store that is open, like, two days a week from 10a to 11.30a.

that's not quite $75.00. would it have killed these people to just give me a gift certificate to the local liquor mart? it is more my taste, so to speak. instead, all this piddly store credit depreciates by the month. fuck me and fuck this :-(