21 July 2005

well, we can't BOTH be tops...

believe it or not, there are only a few laundromats around me: the one i've been going to for the four years i've lived here, and the full-service one that looks like a do-it-yourself place from the outside. for four years, i've endured them telling me that last call was 5 minutes before i got there, me asking them why they won't turn my fist of nickels into quarters, them telling me i'm putting too much soap/bleach/clothes in the washer, me telling them that i accidently bleached some woman's load and they need to stop the cycle NOW, them telling me the quarter machine is for customers only, me telling them i'm a customer, them telling me they want to close early so be on time and do a short dry, me telling them one dryer for three wash loads isn't enough, and so on it goes, neither of us ever relenting.

but today is different: the nice woman who has dictated many of the above edicts actually said, 'hey! good to see you again.' surely the world is ending tonight.