09 November 2005

feeling rather social

so, suze orman, you seem to be rubbing off on me. i will take your advice, and will find out my fico score. you asked me to get my credit rating from the three big reporting agencies first, and i did. i learned:
1. citibank checks my credit every single month, religiously. bastards.
2. that abercrombie card i opened over ten years ago? still open. same with bloomingdale's. why would i close either? naked men are enough to keep the former open, and free valet parking at roosevelt field enough for the latter. that i don't have a car isn't the point.
3. a vacation club in texas checked my credit, a few months ago, but never contacted me before for my permission or after for an offer. not that i want to rent a townhouse in dallas, but still. shady?
4. sallie mae is an angry, angry woman. loves me, but don't ever cross her.