18 December 2006

and i thought my boss was a twat

check this shit out... not a forward that went around incessantly, this went to a friend who is a former coworker of the recipient....

'The following disclaimers apply to this email:

I know it’s a holiday week and all of us are focused on getting out of dodge.
And I know that train problems can trip us up and don’t mean to harp on anyone for that.

But the fact that our status meeting this week was small enough for one table is just the worst example of what’s been happening the past few weeks.

Listen, when Jim left, we discussed getting rid of the Monday status meeting, I personally wasn’t sure it should go on, but for the sake of stability etc. it was decided for now to continue it. It may very well not continue into the new year.

But for the mean time, it is on, and it is mandatory. It is in the same time and place every f’ing week so nobody can say ‘my outlook reminder didn’t pop up.’

And it is currently part of my job to run it. As I consider all of you not only great co-workers but friends too, I don’t want to write a bitchy, catty email, not first thing Monday morning the week before Christmas in particular, but it remains that:

If you can’t make it in at 9:30 one day of the week, well, honestly, work at a record store or something.
Most of us need to go to the cafeteria anyway for coffee, so this shouldn’t be that big of a burden.

Basically what it boils down to is you’re making me look like an asshole, and I really don’t appreciate it. So thanks a whole hell of a lot.

Happy Holidays--'