16 June 2007

augh this god damned search

so i find a place one block over, very cute, much quieter, working fireplace, shared internal courtyard. fine. put in for it, confirmed with my current asshole landlord that he will, once and for all, let me out of my lease and give me my security deposit . good. last step: meet with new landlord for an interview. after he dropped the f-bomb, s-bomb, and a few others, i decided if i get the place, fine. if i don't, fine. guy was a kook-a-boo, but it ain't over till it's over. one of my FIVE realtors is quite cute. that's not much, but it's something for the g. d. search.

put in for a major promotion this week, and had an interview. 'i'm not an easy person to work for.' [i've heard.] the salary would make up for the beyotch for whom i'd be working, and it would be new. . . could i really get a new job and a new apartment in the same week? highly unlikely, but as runnerboy said when the whole apartment drama started to unroll, 'maybe it's time for a change.' and while moving cheese isn't the most comfortable thing to do, it's necessary and good things will come of it.

ha. famous last words. looking forward to blasting asshole landlord's name, like i said, when i get out of here and get my security back in hand.