10 November 2005

i can see clearly now the rain is here, part two

the whole thing that even got me to the ophTHALMOLOgist was that i am down to my second-to-last contact for my right eye. since the whole 'whoops, we ordered the wrong lens! twice!' debacle of two-and-a-half years ago, when they shipped me what they thought to be a one-year supply of lenses (i'm thrifty...), they shipped extra left-eye lenses to make me happy. so, my left eye has contacts for probably another year, but my right eye is running out. and as i've come to find out from dr. hot guido, both lenses are obsolete anyway. but still, the only thing getting me through today is that i can throw away the ten-day disposable lens that i've had for at least 40 days, and put in the new pair of obsolete knock-off lenses, as the correct, real ones are on their way.

i'm king of online searches. i can find anything. anyone. name it. but the one cute pair of glasses, the only goddam ones, aren't ANYWHERE to be found online. searched by the model: nothing. the designer's name: nothing. obscure international sites: nothing. ebay, new best friend forever: nothing. i'm completely at a loss, but will not go down without a fight. suggestions, please, i'm sinking here, kids.

i swear, two things in life to which i'll never, ever warm up: apartment and spec searching. i will die in this place, because i'll never never never never never never never go through a move again, but i can't very well live with glasses from five years ago, can i? of course not.

geez, i'm looking more like napoleon dynamite by the day :-(