08 September 2005

i'm only going to say this once.

here is how call waiting works:

if you're on the phone with me, and get a beep, check the id and see if the other call makes you want to let me go or put me on hold for just a teeny weeny moment to tell the other person something. that's it. not brain surgery.

if you put me on hold for more than a teeny weeny moment, i'm going to hang up. if i hang up, and you call back, your first words should be, 'sorry i'm so damned rude. i deserved that.' NOT, 'why did you hang up? i was only gone for a second!'

see, boys and girls, i don't know about you, but my landline serves no other purpose other than to be a conduit for dsl. other than that, it's got a dial-tone with absolutely no bells and whistles and i don't use it for phone calls. (but damned if i'll give up a 212 is all i have to say.) what is my other option? my cel. i'm not going to sit on hold like an idiot with my minutes expiring because YOU had to take a call from someone you deem more important than i.

got it?