27 September 2005

'turning japanese i think i'm turning japanese i really think so....'

(remember that song?)

ok, i'm on strike. all my coworkers and many of my friends are hacking, sneezing, and overall phlegming every which way. to prevent the inevitable for as long as possible, effective immediately, i will not be shaking hands with anyone: i will be bowing, complete with all the rules of japanese etiquette. the more senior a gent is, the lower i bow. the older i get, the more shallow i bow. (and if i want to check out a cute guy's ass, i'll bow and twist my neck.) ok, kidding about the last part, but not kidding about the bowing. i'm doing this. i am NOT getting the bunga junga that is running rampant in my workplace. it may be a rough transition for my coworkers and new acquaintances, but it's necessary. who is in this with me?!?!