12 October 2005

yom kippur?

while i should have been atoning my sins, on this day of atoning (though not jewish), i decided to head to another culture for dinner in the city. i love chinatown because it's cheap, lovely, yummy, and with 30,000 restaurants competing for your business, you cannot help but spend less than $10.00 per person on even the most extravagant of dinners. mancat was lovely company tonight, though the poor guy was terribly undersleeped. hope he works on that tonight: all work and no play make for a unhappy mancat. we all know what happens to tom when tom isn't properly sleepinated... same with mancat, i feel your pain, honey.

and to the canadien french guy with whom mancat works: your photos are really, really spectacular. not that i'm an expert, but hot damn. well done, my quasi-french friend. looking forward to seeing more.

---

the doctorb took off my bandages today... i love the folks at beth israel, the nicest people on the face of the earth. (do they know the folks at new york sports?) and i'm bitching that i DON'T have a scar. 'well, you will. for about three weeks. then it will go away.' 'away, like, forever?' 'sorry, tom, three weeks at best.' 'but you promised me a scar.' [and he got my name right. for the first time ever. yes, i'm allergic to codeine, and, yes, he prescribed me tylenol three, but at least he got my name right.]

eh, win some, lose some. i'm thrilled the tod bump project of 2005 has gone away. yes, tod, you and me forever, but enough already. have to head to work tomorrow and deal with both braincells of my coworkers. man alive.