22 August 2005

ebay made me do it

the dsl, that is. navigating ebay on dial-up is painful at best. navigating anything on dial-up is painful at best, so ebay drove me to take advantage of the 'limited time! special offer! do it now! now! now!' that my isp runs all the time. it means i won't have to tap into my neighbors' wifi connections. it means i can download software updates. it means i can bank online at home. it's a good, good thing martha.

and speaking of ebay, does anyone else know about this? i mean, they have everything at a fraction of its original worth. they don't have my pens, but i'm confident that it won't be too much longer. nor the patagonia bag, but it's cool. no rush.

ebay: i think i love you.

(don't judge me... i take to things long after everyone else has moved on to greener pastures... i hear they've got movies on disks now. i'm looking into it.)