22 August 2005

i've got nothing to show for this weekend

well, unless you count a raging hangover and body aches from the boating. the boating was lovely; who knew that the sister-in-law was such a good water skier. tubing, however, is diabolical. i don't enjoy that. and for some reason my ass cheeks hurt. perhaps it was the bouncing from the boat. maybe i was gang-banged in my sleep, who knows, but as i sit here and write from the pleather comfort of the long island rail road-- deja vu-- i realize that some of the best weekends end with cuddling with the dogs on the couch watching three's company on t. v. land with a hangover.

brought a weeks worth of laundry home- thank you to my l. l. bean bag. if you recall my post a few weeks back about the loveliness that is my local laundromat, it's worth lugging the 25+ pounds of stanky clothing through the village and up to penn station. i felt a bit like a tourist and dared the cops to search my bag. i actually would find it kind of hot for a studly cop to rifle through my unmentionables...

oh and i finally joined the 21st century... i called and signed up for dsl, halleluia, halleluia, halleluia. i guess that counts as my functional duty for this weekend. go me.